The article presents the features available in the Premium plan of XTRF Language Business Platform. Please keep in mind that your access to the described options might be limited due to your license agreement. If you would like to change your plan of XTRF Language Business Platform and gain access to the additional features, contact XTRF Customer Success Manager.
Target audience: Administrators
In XTRF Platform you can limit access to specific client's data for selected people. In other words, you can make the client's data visible to only these people who participate in a project or quote's work. This is particularly important if the client's data is confidential and can be only shared with people who are working on translation project's tasks. This functionality can be turned on in XTRF Platform configuration, and then can be enabled for particular clients entities.
If this functionality is enabled for a given client, the limited access is propagated to the following entities:
- A client person
- A quote
- A project
- A project template
- A task in a project
- A job in a project
- A client's invoice
- A client's charge
- A client's payment
In the Home Portal you can configure which client's data might be restricted to the people who are assigned to the following roles:
- You as the Administrator of the Home Portal
- Project Manager
- Sales Person
- Account Manager
- Project Coordinator
- Additional responsible person(s). This can be set to any person who has account in the Home Portal.
After selecting the responsible people, other persons are determined as unauthorized users, therefore they are not allowed to:
- Access the aforementioned entities using any links
- Search for the entities in the Home Portal
- See the entities in prompts in filter fields in the Home Portal
- Find the entities within a quick search
- See prompts in any fields where prompts are available, for example for client's name while creating a project or quote
The below steps explain how to make active the limiting access functionality in the Home Portal, and next explains how to set up it for given client's entities.
Before Reading a Guide
- The steps without any marking are mandatory to perform because they ensure carrying on a proper function of the Home Portal.
- The steps marked with the (Optional) label give you information about settings useful for you in terms of fulfilling specific requirements for your projects, but if you skip them it will have no negative effect on the function of the Home Portal.
I. Limit Access to Client's Data
To enable limiting access to client's data functionality in the Home Portal, perform the following steps:
|Sign in to the Home Portal of XTRF Platform.|
In the accordion menu click the User Management and then select Access to Client Data.
|Click the Edit button.|
|In the Clients field provide the name of the client whose data you want to be restricted. The system suggests clients as you start typing.|
|Click the Add button. The client is added to the list.|
Click the Save button. You have added client to the list of clients with restricted data. From now on only the persons selected in the client's configuration have access to the selected client's data.
You can click the trash can icon to enable full access to the client's data at any time.
II. Select Persons with Access to the Client's Data
When you wish to restrict access to client's data, you need to specify which Home Portal users will be responsible for the client and therefore be permitted to access their data.
|In the Home Portal click the Clients module.|
|In the Client Smart View select the client, whom details you want to edit, from the clients list.|
|Click the Main Data tab.|
|In the Main Data tab click the Sales Data sub-tab.|
|Click the Edit button.|
Select the persons who are responsible for the client from the appropriate drop-down menus:
The administrator always has access to every client's data.
Click the Save button. You have specified persons that will be responsible for the client and will always have access to their data.