The current XTRF Platform - Trados Studio integration simplifies the overall integration architecture.
An instance of Trados Studio is installed on a Client's dedicated machine. The machine may be installed at the Client's location or be hosted virtually everywhere, as long as it is accessible via HTTPS. Client needs to provide all the required licenses including MS Windows and (multiple) Trados Studio licences. Only one Trados Studio copy is installed on the machine and it requires only one Trados Studio license to run. To benefit from concurrent processing, the Client is obligated to buy multiple licenses. The number of concurrent Trados processes is limited by the number of licenses owned by the Client.
Trados provides API for:
- project creation
- translation package creation
- translation package import
- project finalization (TM updates, files conversion back to original formats)
According to the API documentation there is a possibility to run multiple concurrent processes using API.
Please note that it is not recommended to work on different threads with multiple projects simultaneously . If you do want to create an application that, for example, creates projects simultaneously, we recommend that you to do this in separate processes, rather than in separate threads within the same process.
XTRF Agent for Trados Studio
XTRF Agent for Trados Studio is a proxy exposing functionality for remote users via WebServices. The exposed functionality includes:
- TM management - create/update/delete/list TMs stored on a local file system.
- Dictionary management- create/update/delete/list Dictionaries stored on a local file system.
- Project source/target files upload and download.
- Trados project creation - using Trados API the Agent creates a Studio project (including source files, TMs, Dictionaries etc.).
- Trados project details access - using Trados API the Agent enables access to some Studio project data (e.g. cat analysis).
- Trados translator package preparation - using Trados API the Agent prepares packages for translators.
- Trados translator package import - using Trados API the Agent import translated packages to the original project.
- Trados project finalization - using Trados API the Agent generates translated documents in the original formats and updates resources (TMs, dictionaries).
Internal Agent implementation uses a request queue. All Trados API calls are enqueued and executed as a separate process that uses Trados API. The number of concurrent processes is limited by the number of licenses declared as owned by the Client. The number of licenses allocated by the Client is set up in XTRF Agent configuration - XTRF has no technical means to validate this declaration.
All Agent functionality is exposed via encrypted HTTPS connection and secured with a login and a password.
Both XTRF SaaS and on-premises installation may be used.
The Trados integration works as all the other CAT-tool integrations. There is no need to manually manage file-based resources in XTRF (TMs, dictionaries) as this functionality is completely moved to the server where Trados Studio is installed.
All TMs and dictionaries are stored on the machine hosting XTRF Agent and Trados Studio. There must be a backup/archiving policy set up and implemented for this host and extremely valuable resources it contains.
XTRF will oblige its Clients to posses the number of licenses of any software integrated with XTRF in the amount and versions conforming to the technology partner licensing rules.