XTRF Platform offers integration with server versions of memoQ, a popular CAT tool developed by memoQ (formerly Kilgray).
Supported memoQ Versions
For detailed information about supported versions, see: memoQ Integration Compatibility.
For the integration to be set up, memoQ server Web Service API has to be purchased and installed.
With XTRF, you can start managing a memoQ project while the work is being agreed upon in a quote. The integration works in the following way:
- Once the Quote is created in XTRF, a related project is created in memoQ.
- When CAT receivables for the project are created in XTRF, memoQ analyses them using its own terminology and TM files.
- The results of the analysis are exported to XTRF.
- If the customer accepts the quote, it is converted to a project in XTRF.
Projects Creation and Management
Once a project is created, the integration works in the following way:
- XTRF notifies the providers via e-mail about the availability of the files on the memoQ server.
- The providers work on their files in memoQ, and once they have finished, they upload their files back to the memoQ server.
- The translated files are uploaded to the XTRF by memoQ.
- The project is finished once the translated files are delivered to the customer.
Job / Workflow Statuses
This is applicable for XTRF v2015 Winter (3.5) and newer.
When XTRF creates a project in memoQ, and the first (translation) job is started, the memoQ workflow status is set to "Translation (in progress)".
When the first (translation) job is finished in XTRF, and the second job is started, the memoQ workflow status is set to "Review 1 (in progress)".
When the second job is finished in XTRF, and the third job is started, the memoQ workflow status is set to "Review 2 (in progress)".
When the last job is finished in XTRF, the memoQ workflow status is set to "Completed".
Thus the vendors do not need to click "Deliver/Return" in memoQ. XTRF does it for them.
Also all memoQ's "not started" statuses are skipped.
The above scenario is valid when a three-step workflow is selected. When a two-step workflow is used, the "Review 1 (in progress)" status is skipped. When the translation-only workflow is selected, finishing the translation sets the memoQ workflow status to "Completed" right away.
Reverting a job's status in XTRF reverts the workflow status also in memoQ.
Cancelling or deleting a job in XTRF doesn't affect the workflow in memoQ.
Translation Memory and Terminology Files Management
There are 3 types of Translation Memory (TM) files in memoQ, which are defined by the level of connection with a client and its usage. These TM files are:
- Customer specific TM and Terminology: The TM and terminology specific to a customer's project or projects. Each customer may have one or more TM files for their projects, among which can be a default TM file for a language combination. They are managed in XTRF and stored in memoQ.
- Domain TM and Terminology: The files belonging to a translation company and specific to a particular specialization, regardless of the customer. They are sorted and managed in memoQ and can be used for source files analysis in XTRF.
- Master TM and Terminology: The files belonging to a translation company, regardless of the customer. They are stored and managed in memoQ and can be used for source files analysis in XTRF.
Once a provider is assigned to an activity for the first time, his/her account is created in memoQ the "Translators" memoQ group. The adjacent table shows which information is exported from XTRF.
Provider's ID in memoQ can be checked in the provider profile, System Accounts tab, "username in other systems" section.
XTRF changes the provider's memoQ password to the one which is set up in XTRF.
The same provider can not be assigned multiple times to the same document (in several workflow steps).
Name in XTRF Platform
|Name in memoQ|
|System Account Name|
|Full Name||Full Name|
|Password||Password from XTRF Platform|
memoQ by default assigns a single project manager to all created projects. Using XTRF, you can assign different project mangers to different projects in memoQ.
When the integration is enabled and a new project or quote is created in XTRF, a new project manager account is created in memoQ, unless it has already been created. It is the same project manager that is assigned to an XTRF project or quote. This account is assigned to the "Project Managers" group in memoQ. The adjacent table shows which information is exported from XTRF.
|Name in XTRF Platform||Name in memoQ|
|Project Manager's Name||System Account Name|
|Full Name||Full Name|
|Password||Password from XTRF|
This is applicable for XTRF v2014 Autumn (3.4) and newer.
If "Create CAT Receivable" and/or "Create CAT Payables" options are turned on, during the project creation a CAT analysis file will be downloaded from memoQ and stored in the Log File folder.
The analysis will be created in CSV format and the filename will be: memoq_analysis.csv.
For the list of supported formats of CAT analyses generated by memoQ that can be imported into XTRF regardless of the integration, see CAT Analysis Import.
For the complete list of supported document formats, please see Kilgray's website.
Supported Bilingual Documents
The following bilingual file formats are supported on different steps of the workflow:
|MQXLZ||MQXLZ files containing multiple MQXLIFF files are not supported|
|MQXLIFF / XLIFF|
|MBD||Depends on memoQ server version|
|Two Column RTF|
Workflow File Management Specific Settings
Note: "Require All Files to Finish" option should be turned off in the "finalize project" step.
XTRF can manage (list, download, upload, assign to projects, etc.) the following types of memoQ resources:
- translation memories
- term bases
- filter configurations
- segmentation rules
- QA settings from XTRF v2015 Winter (3.5)
- non-translatable lists from XTRF v2015 Winter (3.5)
A three-letter language code from ISO 639-2 and a two-letter country code from ISO 3166-1 have to be provided in XTRF's (e.g. "eng-us" for English (United States). To do so, go to System > Configuration > System Values > Languages.